We take your privacy very seriously. We are committed to your privacy and security, we would never sell, rent or distribute your personal information for any reason to third parties that are not directly related to the processing of your enquiry or order. Any information we request is purely used to serve the needs of our customers. This policy governs the procedures for collecting, using and disclosing information from our “Clients” on the Paper Elephant “Site”. This policy applies to all products and services offered on the Site.
We may collect information from you when you visit our Site, register on our Site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, however it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example).
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested);
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions);
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my Site, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We do not ask for bank account or credit card details for payment of invoices. These are payable via direct transfer to our account or via PayPal should you wish to pay via credit card, to ensure your details remain private.
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US, AUS and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Dropbox is Privacy Shield certified.
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
This policy was last modified on May 25, 2018.